Church of St. John of the Ladder, was built in 1897 at the expense of General Tereshchenko. Initially it was a chapel-tomb for his family. In 1898 it was transformed into the church of the Donskoy Monastery ~ Moscow
York Minster is the largest Gothic cathedral north of the Alps, and seat of the Archbishop of York. York Minster is 519 feet long and 249 feet wide across the transepts. It is also home to the largest of medieval stained glass in Britain.