Taking a Time Machine Through My Photography Portfolio
Published on January 19, 2023
We all start somewhere! Take a look at my photography portfolio through the years, from beginner to professional (I'm reacting blind to random picks from my assistant!). Learn the importance of getting started, and having humility + pride for your past self.
- •Just Starting Out - I grew up in the American Midwest (Missouri, to be exact). I'd always been an artist, but my photography journey started when I got my first smartphone (yes, I'm old!). I took photos of EVERYTHING - and that's how I developed my eye.
- •Creative Come Up - If you didn't think Missouri was Midwest, how about Nebraska? I spent my college years here and got even more creative adventuring into parking lots for photoshoots and experimenting with fashion. Fun fact : Nya (first images) is now a professional fashion model. We never know who we will become.
- •Artistic Summer Away - My first summer spent away on my own was in Portland, Maine : a charming coastal town. The creative community here was outstanding; I really blossomed this summer learning what it means to work as a team, and live an entirely *new* lifestyle.
- •Achieving Anderson - Once I had a taste of adventure, I couldn't get enough! A one-way ticket to London was next, and the beginning of my professional career in fashion / luxury. I got to experience the hustle + bustle of a big city for the first time (that's right, NYC came after!), make a diverse friend-group with people of all sorts of backgrounds and learn the art of photography, mentored by two Italian pros.
- •My first magazine cover shows the importance of determination, creativity and NETWORKING. I got this job from a Facebook group, back in the day. 🤣
NEVER STOP MAKING YOUR ART.